Thursday, August 5, 2010

Free Vintage Image from Ada's Collection 1930-1950

Hi everyone. Hope your week has been going great! It has still been awfully busy here. Over the weekend we attended my husbands Family Reunion. This tradition has been going on for over 100 years. There's usually a good sized crowd and of course the food is always good! The kids have a great time with swimming, a trampoline, a jump house and a hay rack ride. It was a wonderful weekend, terribly hot but at least it didn't rain. A good time was had by all!

Today I'd like to share a fun image from Ada's Collection which covers 1930 - 1950. She sure loved her cards and her collection is one of my largest. I'm pretty sure she's an immigrant to the US. I'm not sure whether she's Swedish, Dutch, or German. I'm leaning toward Dutch because she has several cards with Dutch images but she also has some featuring Stockholm. Maybe you can help me solve the mystery by telling me what language is used on this card.



She has several cards in this language but I'm kind of afraid to use them because I don't know what they say. :)

I'm guessing she had a great sense of humor because she's received some really cute and funny cards. So to celebrate Ada, here's one of my favorite cards from her collection. The card is on textured paper which has come through in the image so you may want to use plain card stock. Make sure you double click on the image before you save it.




Keep an eye on BBTB2 this week. Heather has a wonderful surprise up her sleeves for everyone.

Have a great week, plumb full of smiles!
Peggy

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful first image and I think it says something about a birthday. (My year of German in College obviously didn't do me much good. For that matter I'm not even sure if it IS German, but close. LOL I'm half Swede so perhaps that's whats taking over) Anyway, the second it a HOOT! Thanks for the freebies and glad you had a good time at the reunion. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy,
    It IS German. It says "with best wishes on your Birthday."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.
Peggy