Saturday, August 21, 2010

Free Vintage Christmas Images, BBTB2 winners, Ornament Exchange

Hi Everyone! Have you had a great week? Boy it's still super busy around here! Have you ever heard the phrase.. "the faster I go the behinder I get!" That's just what I feel like this week. I always have such great goals but yet it seems like something always gets in the way and it takes a lot longer to reach the goal then anticipated. I always like to think that I'm just too optimistic in my plan and that it's not because I was lax in trying... lol

Anyway, I have lots to share this week so I'd better get on to it. Last week we were out doing errands and having supper and trying to get home before a predicted thunderstorm broke. But as normal... we missed our goal and the thunderstorm hit while we were at a local Big W store...you know the one... anyway we had to kill some time until the storm ended. As we left, this is what we saw. It was so unusual to me that I just had to snap some pics. They were taken one right after the other so you can see how fast the storm was moving. Have you ever seen anything like this?




Congratulations to Linda and Tonya, the winners of the BBTB2 giveaway! I hope they have fun with their images and maybe they'll be so kind as to share some of their completed projects. Also, Tonya is sponsoring an ornament exchange, you can get all the details here. I think it sounds like a lot of fun and I'm going to participate. I just need to figure out what I'm going to make. I'm such a procrastinator, I usually don't get into making Christmas ornaments until after Thanksgiving, so this will help me start a little earlier this year. So go and check it out and join in the fun.

Now for shop info, I've been working very hard on two new CD releases, Child's Birthday Volume 2 and Christmas Volume 13 - I don't know maybe I'll skip 13 and go right to 14... don't want to jinx the volume... lol. They're both about ready for release. The Christmas volume will probably beat the Birthday volume because I needed a few more numbered Birthday cards to complete it. Lucky me, I happened to find a scrapbook for sale that had a ton of numbered cards. I'm still waiting for it to get here but once received I should be able to finish it up pretty quickly. I'm very happy with the Christmas Volume CD, I think it has become one of my favorites. The cards on this album date from 1921 to 1955. It has a lot of cutie patootie cards, Santa and Snowmen rule on this CD. Plus there are lots of the old fashioned Post Card type. One of the folders in this CD is from the Carol Scrapbook, circa 1955. Sis and I just drooled over it when I was lucky enough to win it. I think you'll love it too. I'm hoping to have the Christmas CD ready by the next blog post... so wish me luck on reaching my goal... lol. And to get your juices flowing, I thought I'd do a little preview for you and share two images from the Carol scrapbook folder. Make sure you double click on the images before you save them.




I think I've bent your ear enough for this week, so have a great week plumb full of smiles!

Peggy

3 comments:

  1. I don't know where you live, but we had some crazy storms this week too.

    But, then I love storms!

    Thanks for posting the ornament exchange. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have ahd some crazy weather here in KY to this week, it was kinda hard at times since we are doing some home renos and its kinda hard when those storms just show up when you have all your tools outside, lol! And Thank you so much for the CUTE Xmas vintage images, I have some cute ideas for that adorable little girl on Christmas mourning image. Thanks Again!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool storm pics, sis! I miss a good old thunderstorm, but I don't like the really bad ones! I can not wait for this cd! Hurry up! LOL!
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment.
Peggy